Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Potato Salad

I have been looking for a good potato salad recipe for a while, and found this one on Cooking Light (I adapted it a little).  I thought it was pretty good, Keith said it was the best potato salad he's ever tasted!  (That totally made my day)!

Classic Potato Salad

1 1/2 lb. red potatoes, cubed
1/2 c. finely chopped red onion
1/4 c. finely chopped celery
1/4 c. finely chopped pickles
2 hard-cooked large eggs, coarsely chopped
1/3 c. light mayo (I used Miracle Whip Light)
2 T. pickle juice
1 heaping T. Dijon mustard (I used extra 'cuz Keith likes mustard)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Boil, drain and cool potatoes.  Combine potatoes, onion, celery, pickles and eggs in med. bowl.  In small bowl, whisk mayo through pepper until smooth.  Pour over potato mixture, tossing gently to coat.  Cover and chill at least 8 hours (I only chilled it for about an hour and it was fine... I am always a little short on time :~)

No comments: