Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Fresh & Easy

Okay, this is totally unrelated to anything, but I had to put a plug in for my new favorite store, Fresh & Easy

I love this place for many reasons...

1.  They let you scan the bar codes, but they bag everything for you.  It was always a dream of mine when I was little to scan the food at the grocery store.  It looked like SO much fun when I would watch the lady do it in the checkout aisle (Yes, I do realize I am VERY weird).

2.  They don't have any magazines by the checkout!  They're displayed behind a corner that you really have to look for.  I'm always blown away by how grossly indecent magazine covers are, and I get so mad that I am forced to see them every time I go to the store (or my boys have to see them, if they are with me).

3.  They have special parking for "adults with children."  Awesome!

4.  They have the BEST produce!  Everything actually smells like a farm (in a good way, and yes, I do know what a farm smells like... my grandpa's a farmer).  Most of their produce is packaged with expiration dates, too.

5.  Their prices are really reasonable, and their store brand is actually really good!

6.  They have a great mix of organic foods, and regular stuff you can get at regular grocery stores.

7.  Their meat section is almost, if not all, hormone-free.

So, anyways, if you have one close to you, I would HIGHLY recommend this store!  And enjoy scanning your items... I know I will ;~)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just another one of the MANY reasons we need to move back to Mesa. In Odessa, we're lucky to have an Albertsons.

Jessica said...

Have I told you that I adore you? I have a secret obsession with cash registers. I used to play "check out clerk" for hours as a child. And secretly I still long to play "check out clerk". I tried to convince Scott I needed a cash register, he didn't go for it. Probably for the best.

Love jess

CarrieLovesKeith said...

Ohhh, I love you, Jess!

Tara said...

your grandpa's a farmer?! Way cool... I wanna go sometime!

CarrieLovesKeith said...

I wanna go, too! Unfortunately, they live in Illinois, so we won't be going there for a while :~( Maybe in a few years we can all go... the kids would love it!