We had a very relaxed, low-key 4th of July yesterday. It was actually very non-patriotic (not that we aren't grateful for our freedom. We are.) It was still fun, nonetheless!
I started the day off early, super-excited that I finally got out of bed to make it to a class at the gym, and got there to realize... they were closed! BUT, there was a Starbuck's across the street, and my kids wouldn't even be waking up for another hour or so, so I did something I haven't done in several years. I got some coffee and read the newspaper. The entire newspaper (well, except the sports section, ew!), all by myself! It was glorious.
Then we got the boys up, picked up some pizza, and headed over to "Uncle Chris & Aunt Tara's" house! We had such a great time! It's so fun now that all the kids are old enough to interact and be cousins! (Thanks for having us over, guys!)
Taylor is a natural mom! She is so cute with the boys... she loves playing with them and is like the big sister they never had! Look how cute she is holding Bo:
I love how Bo is smiling at Rylee here:
The highlight, for me, though, was this moment:
So, after dinner, we put the boys down, Keith got some ice cream for us (I love him so!), and we watched "Vantage Point." It was an insanely good movie! I highly recommend it! I didn't even finish my ice cream until the movie was almost done... I didn't want to look away from the screen...
It was all in all, not a very "Red, White and Blue" kind of day, but still tons of fun! Maybe next year we can actually see fireworks :~)

1 comment:
Thanks for coming over... seeing you guys was the highlight of our day!
Post a Comment