This was so funny to me... we were driving (I think to church) and stopped at a light. I looked out the window to see a woman and her daughter riding together on a pink double bicycle, looking so happy. Seriously, it was like they biked right off the front of a Mother's Day card or something. I pointed them out to Keith and then, to fight the discontentment rising up in my heart, told him, "I LOVE boys, though! I love-" and was interrupted by Toby and CJ screaming at the same time, "NO! NO! NOOOOO!" and Bo crying! We looked back at the blissful mom and daughter, riding in the warm morning sunshine, and just had to laugh!
Then, the other night, we were eating dinner, and Toby and CJ were being so funny! Keith and I kept laughing, and Keith turned to Toby and had this sweet father-son moment, and told him, "Buddy, I always wondered what my children would be like, and I am SO happy you--" and again was interrupted by Toby shouting, "NO!" at him.
Then, tonight, he was playing with Keith, and Keith asked him, "Can I tickle you?" and Toby looks right at him, and says, "I don't think so!" and walks away!
Oh, well. So much for precious moments... at least they make us laugh!
2 comments:
Sounds so much like my life! Our families are so blessed to have all these wonderful little boys. You never know, maybe that mother and daughter only get along when they AREN'T talking...just kidding!
oh yeah that was Taylor & I....
haha, not. :-)
I think it just looks so much more peaceful when there's only one.
Post a Comment