Friday, May 16, 2008

Mother's Day

A couple weeks ago, Keith asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day, and I told him, "A nap!  Just take the boys for an afternoon and let me sleep!"  Well, not only did I get the nap, but he gave me these beautiful lilies, along with a box of chocolates...

He also let me get rid of this:
and bought me a brand-new dishwasher!!!  One that actually washes the dishes!!!  Ever since we moved into our house, we have had problems with our dishwasher flooding, smoking, not cleaning dishes, encrusting the dishes with detergent, you name it!  The GE service people were not exactly helpful, and by last month, I had to completely rinse the dishes of any speck of food before "washing" them, and they still came out dirty!  So, eventually, I had to hand-wash everything!  Not exactly something I have time for right now!  So, Keith surprised me with a new dishwasher!  I love it!!!  I can put completely dirty dishes in, and they get sparkling clean!

Later in the day, I enjoyed being reminded of why I love being a mom...
 


Happy Mother's Day!!!

"A mother... by her planning and industry night and day, by her willfulness of love, by her fidelity, she brings up her children.  Do not read to me the campaigns of Caesar and tell me nothing about Napoleon's wonderful exploits.  For I tell you that, as God and the angels look down upon the silent history of that woman's administration, and upon those men-building processes which went on in her heart and mind through a score of years; -nothing exterior, no outward development of kingdoms, no empire-building, can compare in beauty, and wonder, and admirableness, and divinity itself, to the silent work in obscure dwellings of faithful women bringing their children to honor and virtue and piety."  ~Henry Ward Beecher (from "Golden Thoughts on Mother, Home and Heaven, see sidebar).

"Whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me."  ~Matthew 18:5

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Those pics of the boys melt my heart! What a blessing. And yeah for the new dishwasher. Miss you guys and love you all. Give the boys a squeeze for us!

Love Jess

Andrea said...

ok this has nothing to do with your post (either - right back at ya!). yes! that pic IS from your house. right in the corner of the couch(es) that you always find me sitting in when you get home. :) i was dorking around with my computer one night and that was the result. you're practically famous now!