Sunday, May 4, 2008

Strawberry-Banana Pancakes

I made these on Saturday for breakfast, to celebrate that Keith was home for an entire weekend!  They were really good!  Seriously, before these, I made horrible pancakes.  They were always burnt on the outside and uncooked on the inside!  These turned out to be a perfect golden brown, and are a great way to use fresh strawberries that are finally in season!

Strawberry-Banana Pancakes (modified from a couple different pancake recipes):

2 cups flour, sifted
3 T. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 1/4 cups buttermilk (I used plain soymilk)
4 T. butter, melted (I used oil)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs (again, substituted)
2 ripe bananas
about 1/2 cup chopped strawberries (I didn't measure, I just chopped up a couple)

In a large bowl, whisk all dry ingredients.  In another bowl, whisk milk through eggs.  Make a small well in the dry ingredients, and gradually add egg mixture to flour mixture.  Do not overmix.  In a small bowl, mash the bananas and add to the batter.  Fold in strawberries.  Heat a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat until water dances on pan.  Add puddles of batter, carefully checking undersides for doneness.  

1 comment:

Andrea said...

sing it with me now... "makin' banana pancakes..."

sorry, couldn't resist...