Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Fun Day

Today was the first day I took all 3 boys out to the playground by our house.  I bundled Bo up in the Baby Bjorn, and held Toby's and CJ's hands as we walked the short way from our house to the play area in our neighborhood.  They had SO much fun!  Bo slept the whole time, of course!  Let me just say that I LOVE boys!  The first thing they did when we got there was head straight for the sand to get dirty!  CJ kept throwing sand, and shouting, "Oh no!"  Toby, as usual, was a little timid at first, but then he put his hands in the sand, looked at me, and said, "Dirty?" like he expected me to be like, "Don't get dirty!  Go wash your hands!"  When I told him it was okay, he got a big smile, and began to throw sand like CJ (fine by me as long as they don't throw it at each other, which they of course eventually did)!  The next thing they wanted to do was play with the rocks that lined the bottom of this storm drain.  There's a big grassy area right next to the playground, and this really steep decline into the rocks, which of course they wanted to go on! (Not sure if that makes sense... new mom brain!)  So, then CJ walks right up to the steps of the play thing, and climbs all the way up, without a second thought, and wants to go down the slide.  Toby, ever the protective older brother, watched CJ from below, and kept saying, "CJ so brave!"  Then he tried to come up the steps, but after taking one step, looked up at how high it was, and got down, saying, "It's okay.  It's okay."  Such polar opposites!  So, CJ, Bo and I all went down the slide together, and CJ LOVED it!  Then we ran around in the grass a little longer before the boys found some more rocks to play with (why do rocks have such a magnetic force on little boys?) before going home for some lunch.  What a fun day!  (Of course, I have no pictures... my hands were a little full!)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

aaawwww that sounds SO fun!!