Last night, I was desperate for a way to keep the boys strapped into their chairs so I could give Bo a bath. Plus, they were so sticky and crusty from smearing food in their hair! So...
"Poison Control, can I help you?"
"Yes, my son just rubbed shaving cream into his eye."
"Okay, I'd be happy to help you with this. First, can I get your name?"
"Sure, it's Tara."
"Okay, great. And your little boy's name?"
"Trevor."
"Okay, thanks, Tara. Now what I'm going to have you do is wrap your boy in a towel, take him in the shower, let the water hit his face for 20 min. and then put a cold washcloth on his eye for an hour."
"Okay, great, thank you very much."
Are you kidding me? Clearly you have never met my son! Go into the shower for 20 min.? I should also mention that it was around 7:30-8:00 by now, their bedtime. So, Keith called Rebekah McKenzie from church, a former nurse, who told us that since shaving cream is nontoxic, it wouldn't damage his eye, so he was probably fine.
Thank goodness! I guess that means it's okay that CJ eats it by the handful!

6 comments:
LOL- thanks for the laugh carrie!
thanks for the shaving cream idea!
Love the shaving cream idea! You are too funny!
Wow! Ethan plays with shaving cream at school a ton and usually ends up with a lot of it on his face (the teachers took many photos of him and his "artwork"). Must run in the Daukas family. :~)
Absolutely hilarious! I will have to remember the mistaken identity one for the future!
That Tara thing is a joke, right?
Emily
Emily,
I guess we'll never know....
;~)
Post a Comment